英 [ˈpleɪə(r)] 美 [ˈpleɚ]
名词 播放机; 演员; [体]运动员; [音]演奏者
1. Can you tell me how much the CD player is?
2. This game requires a minimum of three players.
3. Her younger brother is a professional tennis player.
4. She is a good tennis player.
1. Hu said the business community is a major player in promoting world economic development and sound and stable international economic and trade relations.
2. Considered by many to be the best NBA player of all time, the highly marketed sports figure is a savvy businessman as well.
3. Carlisle introduced Butler to the crowd before the game, and hugged Butler as the player tried on his ring.
4. By NFL definition, a player listed as probable has a 75 percent chance of playing.
5. That's just part of the growth picture generated in 2007 by Standard Chartered Bank, a major overseas player in China's banking sector.
6. The former Manchester United player said the fuss since his move had taken even him by surprise but said he had no regrets.
7. NBA fans can vote once a day per phone number by texting the last name of a player to a special number.
8. The life of a professional caddy - they wear the player's name, not not their own - is not a glamorous one.
9. The award is presented annually to the player who holds the world's top ranking for the greatest number of weeks in each calendar year.
10. Given the Bucks won 28 and lost 54 matches last year, earning minutes should not be a problem for a player of Yi's caliber.
A player in a sport or game is a person who takes part, either as a job or for fun.
e.g. ...his greatness as a player...
e.g. She was a good golfer and tennis player.
You can use player to refer to a musician. For example, a piano player is someone who plays the piano.
e.g. ...a professional trumpet player.
If a person, country, or organization is a player in something, they are involved in it and important in it.
e.g. Big business has become a major player in the art market...
e.g. America is not a party to the negotiations, yet it is a key player...
A player is an actor.
e.g. ...a company of players...
e.g. Oscar nominations went to all five leading players.