名词 信; 证书，许可证; 字母，文字; 字面意义
及物动词 用字母标明; 写字母于; 加标题
1. He wrote me a letter last month.
2. He kept the letter of the law but not the spirit.
3. He was trained as a doctor but devoted his life to letters.
4. There are 26 letters in the English alphabet.
1. Article 9 When patent agencies accept consignments and handle business, they shall have a consignor's letter of commitment clearly stating commissioned items and powers.
2. It resumed the business in September, after getting a letter by the State Administration for Industry and Commerce.
3. The commission promised to respond to the letter within 15 business days.
4. " But don't I need an invitation letter from a Chinese business, " my friend questioned.
5. A letter published on the market's website on Aug 5 said all business had been legal and all taxes had been paid.
6. The letter also promised the hotel would strictly regulate its management and do business strictly according to laws to avoid such cases in the future.
7. Justice Lam received a threatening letter, signed by " Chan Chun Chuen " last month.
8. " Jin Renqing submitted a letter of resignation by himself, " according to government briefing.
9. They kept in close contact by letter and gradually became good friends.
10. She revealed that she always kept in touch with the star of the Matrix, but by letter and not email because Reeves does not have a computer.
If you write a letter to someone, you write a message on paper and send it to them, usually by post.
e.g. I had received a letter from a very close friend.
e.g. ...a letter of resignation...
Letters are written symbols which represent one of the sounds in a language.
e.g. ...the letters of the alphabet.
e.g. ...the letter E.
If a student earns a letter in sports or athletics by being part of the university or college team, they are entitled to wear on their jacket the initial letter of the name of their university or college.
e.g. Valerie earned letters in three sports: volleyball, basketball, and field hockey.
If a student letters in sports or athletics by being part of the university or college team, they are entitled to wear on their jacket the initial letter of the name of their university or college.
e.g. Burkoth lettered in soccer.
5. see also: capital letter;covering letter;dead letter;love letter;newsletter;poison-pen letter
If you say that someone keeps to the letter of the law, you mean that they act according to what is actually written in the law, rather than according to the general principles of it, especially when you disapprove of this.
e.g. They had stuck to the letter of the law and in my view they should be ashamed.