英 [ˈstɔ:ri] 美 [ˈstɔri, ˈstori]
名词 故事，传说; 历史，沿革; 内情; 传记
及物动词 用历史故事画装饰; 讲…的故事; 把…作为故事讲述
1. But that is another story.
2. I am interested in true stories about great scientists.
3. Please read us a story!
1. The following story examines the fears of business insiders and analysts over the current problems affecting the operation of the domestic market.
2. Bosideng's story highlights the expansion of private companies in China, a trend that is forcing global investment banks to adapt their business models.
3. The county's booming success story all started with a businessman named Qin Yuxiang, who took an order from a foreign trade company 22 years ago.
4. The reporter who posted the story claimed it was based on inside information and actually was intended to bust the elopement myth.
5. Martinez remembers being enamored by the story of the butterfly lovers in a book of Chinese mythological tales as a boy.
6. A buzzard in the village heard of the story and wanted the fish for himself.
7. If the media hadn't discovered his story by accident, he would still be working anonymously as a migrant worker.
8. The story is about a prince, who by accident trades lives with a poor waif of the same age.
9. It doesn't help that the story forces a tragic final act on the duo that simply does not ring true.
A story is a description of imaginary people and events, which is written or told in order to entertain.
e.g. The second story in the book is titled 'The Scholar'...
e.g. I shall tell you a story about four little rabbits.
我要给你讲一个 4 只小兔子的故事。
A story is a description of an event or something that happened to someone, especially a spoken description of it.
e.g. The parents all shared interesting stories about their children...
e.g. Isak's story is typical of a child who has a specific learning disability.
The story of something is a description of all the important things that have happened to it since it began.
e.g. ...the story of the women's movement in Ireland.
If someone invents a story, they give a false explanation or account of something.
e.g. He invented some story about a cousin.